View Single Post
Old 13-09-2023, 09:58 PM   #36
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I'm A Car Enthusiast That is Starting to Hate Cars. Here's Why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
That's a recurring theme in this thread, you're the first one to put it so eloquently, there's a lot of people in this thread suffering from burnout, not necessarily from work but their hobbies and probably haven't been able to identify it.

Everyone loves it until they don't all of a sudden then it feels like your dragging yourself out of bed to get something done you previously enjoyed.

One of the things that's been great about this hobby and AFF has been the people I've met from all across the country from different age groups and walks of life, I regret doing it for a career but it lead me to the people and I wouldn't give that up for anything.

That's a really good point. I've always loved building models and have got to the realisation I'm never going to complete them all. And that beyond me building them there's not really much use for them. The realisation is glacial, it'll be a few months more before I begin to sell down the stash I'll never finish building. Maybe the Japanese minimalists have it right.