View Single Post
Old 13-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #2322
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
Mine used to do things likethat just before a growth spurt.

He might outgrow his clothes soon.
My kid learnt early that you get more food off the plate if it lands in his mouth not on his shirt. But even at 10, he is as tall as his mum, so 5"4', and weighs more then me at about 70kgs.
I also let him choose whatever off the menu. His mum never lets him past the kids menu when she takes him out. Theres not a huge amount of anything nutritious in nuggets and chips.
I do cop it from her at times when she finds out his meal was $30 odd, i wouldnt do it if he didnt polish the plate. But its the 1 night a week he has a proper 'nice' meal. Yeah theres nothing wrong with the standard meat and 3 veg his nana cooks, its just not exactly exciting.
But the 350g tbone which is the tuesday special, for $15 its good and good value in my book.
Whats also good is my mum tags along. She lives alone so typically will do 1 big cook at the start of the week, a caserole or what not, and freeze the rest for dinner for the next few nights, so tuesdays are her red meat or seafood night.
Also, it took me a long time to get my mum past her snobbery, pull her head out of her ****, and even step foot in a local pub or club. She had it in her head that thyre all just pokie rooms and smokers areas. And ****ed idiot punching on. Well, maybe my local pub gets a bit louder at 11pm on a friday night, but the pub and bowlo on any other night at 530 for dinner is pleasant.
The bowlo especially, theres a lot of old biddies who mum catches up with weekly. And just because theres a pokie room and a smoking area, doesnt mean you have to go into them.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: