View Single Post
Old 24-07-2020, 04:33 PM   #86
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NSW Highway patrol BMW’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss351290 View Post
About a 2 months ago my BMW 2016 X5m with the V8 twin turbo 423kw engine, the rear suspension started sagging. After arguing with BMW and the car yard in Sydney where I bought it from they agreed under warranty even though it was technically out of warranty to replace the 2 rear air bags and compressor unit for $5500. Ouch. I did not have to pay. And the only reason they fixed it is because it had only 30000km on it.
It’s a fantastic car. Very fast sounds great and will out handle and out brake probably both my Sprints. But if they have been abused and have high kilometres trust me these cars will rape you.
I always sell my BMW’s before around 90000km.

And I don’t drive the BMW it’s my wife’s car. After years of her driving V8 LTD’s , Fairmont’’s, a TS50, TL50, and a couple of Turbo Falcon’s , she decided she wanted to keep up with the Jones’s and demanded a V8 Bmw. Some people are silly.
So I bought a 2016 recently, the most common fault (well the only one I could find) is these airbags collapsing. apparently they can get damaged after being on a hoist.
you can buy an airbag for around $300 and its a job that can be done at home.
BMW dealerships are the pricing concern not the car itself
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote