View Single Post
Old 30-07-2020, 03:49 PM   #2267
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Havent done it just yet but it is happening soon. My kid is desparate to run a monitor off his laptop so he can go dual screen. Dont ask me why, he can hardly focus on 1 screen, so dual screen with 2 things open... anyhow. On tuesday i said he can have the 19 inch LED monitor i have kicking about. I had the monitor on hand, an hdmi cable, but couldnt find the power supply. So my kid was a bit bummed out. I wasnt going to gift something if it was missing bits and if i couldnt confirm it works. My kids laptop has vga and hdmi outputs. The monitor has vga and dvi inputs, no hdmi. I did find the power supply yesterday, but officeworks didnt sell dvi to hdmi adapters, but i did buy a vga cable. Tested it, yep it all is good. Told my kid shes apples, and asked him to ask his mum if i could pick him up from school and she pick him up from me as i live up the street from his school. She got back to me today saying nope. She knows how bummed out the kid was not comming home on tuesday with the monitor and the hype of finding out it all works etc, so she conceded. She will swing past after the school run on her way back to work so the boy can pick it up. I am giving the kid an hdmi cable also, so he can connect to a tv or so he has it if need be he gets a new monitor. Yeah i know come 830pm tonight im going to get yelled at because the young fella will complain about not wanting to go to bed and not shut up about having dual screen, but its worth it to me.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: