View Single Post
Old 28-07-2020, 09:45 AM   #129
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: chicken coop gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Awesome car, its been for sale for a while now on another site and has not sold, I would say the price advertised is too much for that car, I think somewhere in the $200K bracket is where it should be.

https://musclecarsales.com.au/aussie-muscle/

What I don't like about these expensive cars now, is that they have become out of reach of a lot of true enthusiasts who would be the best custodians of these cars in all aspects, but who literally cannot afford them. For the majority of us I think $100K would be a stretch or limit at buying any car as the average man's car would be around $60-$80K.

Shame that these cars are no longer being able to be enjoyed as they once were by the average punter or the younger generation as we most certainly did. Back in the day you could buy an original muscle car or even good replicas for a few thousand dollars as no one wanted a gas guzzling w#g chariot. Such a shame because they now only trade hands with the wealthy...
Agreed, and we are relegated to B series GT's.

EL and EB's are going for decent coin considering a B series would whoop them for 1/3 the cost.

Interesting times.

I do believe the period for these mega costs will end and come back to the figures you are saying as other generations just dont have that play money or care that much for the cars.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote