View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #20
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Diabetes: Discussion thread.

Have just got back from an appointment with a new endocrinologist recommended too me by my Diabetes educator.

This gentlemen is a professor at Baker IDI and would have to be one of the most positive interactions I have had about my diabetes in 10 years. My previous doctor was seemingly quite negative, always expecting perfection. As I'm sure anyone reading this would know, perfect type 1 diabetes control is sooooo hard. There are so many variables that affect blood glucose control that perfection is something that is unachievable.

Having had to deal with a number of health issues over the last few years has left me fatigued and so over diabetes. To have someone tell me that I'm doing well, offering encouragement and helpful advise was so very refreshing.

For anyone that feels that they aren't getting the advise they need or feel like they aren't getting value from their current doctor, I say don't be afraid of seeking a different opinion or perspective.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: