View Single Post
Old 25-11-2023, 09:35 PM   #17
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: Cheap Thrills - The Car Configurator Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
I would have a GT3 as well, but not the touring. My favourite car that you can but new.

Catch is finding a dealer that would sell you one, almost impossible unless you've owned multiple.

That is turning around now. There are allocations that aren’t accounted for. The real catch is getting a dealer to admit that. The Porsche market worldwide has collapsed and people are no longer paying $100,000+ over retail.
Dealers are quietly ringing around with bs stories of cars that “have become available”

I’ve been checking out their configurator and it surprises me how expensive their “base” model 911 is when compared to something like GT3. By the time you spec up a 911 a bit the jump to a GT3 Touring doesn’t seem that great.
In recent years Porsche has mastered the art of the “special model”. So much so that most of the cars they now sell are the higher end models.
Anyway the tide has turned and now people who bought these cars as investments are unable to sell them at a profit.

When I started checking out the Porsche configurator I thought it was a load of rubbish. But after playing with it for some time I realised how awesome it would be to actually dial in the exact spec you want and pull the trigger on it. Delivery day would be cool.

Compare that to the Mustang where we can’t even change the wheels or pick an interior colour.
Ford wants to be considered a premium brand but have an ALDI attitude.
I wish I could afford a Porsche.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: