View Single Post
Old 30-09-2020, 07:16 PM   #1266
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Took me a moment to work out what "whs part" was.
Didnt know it was no longer OH&S
I think that just depends on who you ask. Doesnt make much sense as a workplace is where you carry out your occupation, and your occupation is carried out in a workplace. Where ever you are getting paid for your occupation is a workplace. So its political correctness gone wild, even though all these terms are politically correct. Id love it to be called dbadsobafr. Dont be a dumb **** or be a ****ing retard. But i guess these modules in courses have to cater for people who lack the brain power to not touch or do things that may hurt. That being said, there was an apprentice at my old work, i wasnt on the site, but he walked straight up a 6 foot ladder, top stepped it then went for the non existant 7th step and ripped down a ceiling on his way to the ground. That was strike 1. Strike 2 and 3 came 20 minutes after a site meeting saying wear gloves when cutting and handling sharp cable tray. Strike 2 was lieing as he signed off on the toolbox talk, strike 3 was not obeying company policy. So there are a lot of deficiencies with that kid. I wish at times darwinism became a thing again. These days its survival of the fattest not survival of the fittest, and people hide behind policies because their own stupid actions are always someone elses fault. No such thing as appoligies anymore. If you cut your face off with a grinder because you took the guard off, thats not on you for removing a safety device, thats the companies fault because there was nobody in the room at the time to tell you not to. Well, maybe not to that extreme, but people try to shed as much responsibility for their own actions as possible.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: