View Single Post
Old 13-09-2020, 07:10 PM   #76
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier View Post
I'm having some struggles with getting a heater box from the UK - one guy has a EATC equipped car but has strung me along for 3 weeks without even giving me a price. It made me go out and do random searches. I started looking for Fiesta Ghia's for sale in South Africa - and behold I found a few had auto climate control. On a whim I did the same for some being sold in NZ - and same goes there too! WTF, why are we surrounded by countries that have this yet we did not get that option in Australia?

So in a way, thankyou for being difficult UK. And Ford Oz, you are bastards sometimes.

Luke
Well. I'm still being strung along by this dude in the UK. He may or may not disassemble a box for me at some point - he seems to say he will, but I've had no luck yet. NOBODY in any country any where has even come close to helping - UK, NZ or SA. I can find some whole heater boxes in Europe, but the shipping cost is over 500 Euro which is insane. And nobody in Russia seems to want to ship to Australia via anything other than DHL. So bugger it, rather than spend $1000 on shipping for a box, I'm going tospend that money on a 3D printer at take a crack at making up some parts myself - mainly mounting locations for the actuators and those little gears. It's about time I got into 3D printing anyways.

After digging deeper, I found out that the only difference between LHD and RHD heater boxes is which side the Blower Motor goes in. Since that intake-and-recirculation section with the two semi-circular flaps on either side is all symmetrical, the motor could go in either side, with a little curved aero-plate on the opposing side to smooth airflow. The real decider is the pedals - so the motor comes out on the side opposite the pedals. The struggle in RHD markets is the heater piping that runs on the passenger side, which interferes with the removal of the fan and makes it unnecessarily difficult. Anyway, the crux of this is that the whole box splits into 4 sections - the upper recirculation/fan section, the bottom, and a left and right half. The right side of the box in LHD markets is THE SAME globally - part 6S6H 18A584-RH2. That means I've been able to do some searched on Russian and Polish websites and have finally come up with real pictures of that side of the box - which is quite a breakthrough on it's own, since I'd not really found any to date.

So that's what I'm going to do here - punch up a bunch of images of what the auto-climate heater box looks like:

Lukeyson

Last edited by Luke Plaizier; 13-09-2020 at 07:19 PM.
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: