View Single Post
Old 13-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #36
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
gday guys ,iv got some 14x8splats that im changing to 15x10s next week now the car has a 9inch drum to drum so no worrys with the disc getting in the way ,but the off set i want to get spot on,most of the shelf 15x10wheels have a 5inch back space,ok for your coupe but if you look under theres more room towards the springs than there is the gards,so im thinking have a 5and a hlf or 6inch back space.has any one got thoughts or had it done ?if so what do you guys thing the optimal back space scould be6?or 5.5?i will be keeping 15x10s but due to changing the back space want a fatter tyre than 295s but like the profile height of the 50series yokos any ideas welcom cheers pat.opps sory for got to add iv also rolled the lip of the gard.trying to go as fat as i can with out mini tubs
Hi Pat,

Take a look at post #2 of this thread. The pic shows the inside clearance of a wheel with a 130mm (5+1/8 inch) backspace. Going by this I reckon a 5+1/2 inch backspace would be about the max but don't forget, if you're running 15" rims with 50 profile big rubber you will have more sidewall bulge and lateral movement when cornering. You'll need room for that.

Good luck with it.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote