View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #12
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Another supporter of the RE001 here.... I might be one of the few falcon drivers running them at the moment (as far as i know) but they are becoming quite popular amongst the enthusiast community.

They might not have the ultimate grip on a track of a Goodyear F1 but are a progressive tyre to drive on. You can have a bit of fun at effectively legal road speed, and they don't feel dead to drive on. I test drove a mondeo (ford promo car before release) that had Bridgestone RE050 on it and they seemed even grippier, but i know from other people's experience they don't last very long.

The RE001 is most well known for wet weather work...sure if it is monsoon conditions with standing water you have to back off, but in damp/light rain conditions you can literally drive the car like its dry.....great feedback and plenty of grip, esp. mid corner and power down (which can be a problem with a EF falcon in the wet LOL!). Highly Recommended. They are quiet and looks like they will last about 35-40k at least....which they way/type of driving i do ain't bad.

Out of the others Cougar-boy mentioned i'd go for the maxis Ma-z1, very popular tyre around here and damn good value (much cheaper than most the others). The Goodyear excellence is a good touring tyre but not that good performance wise compared to the others (depends what you want)....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote