Thread: Crypto $$$
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2017, 12:05 AM   #258
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Default Re: Crypto $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Let me play the devil's advocate here for a moment.

If Cryptocurrency is such a good thing and what the world needs rather than Fiat currencies... Then why hasn't Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Amex, Apple or Microsoft or even the big banks (all trusted brands), come out with their own crypto coin?

I'm sure they are all interested in adopting some sort of blockchain technology for faster and trusted transactions (and to make money).

They have the money to hire the best crypto and blockchain experts and programmers on the face of the planet.

They have a brand people will trust and invest in.... There should be no problem getting the general public to buy VisaCoin or AppleCoin rather than some unheard of Altcoin which started yesterday by some anonymous founder

I'm sure if Steve Jobs was still alive, he would agree that writing some binary code, uploading a blockchain to Apple servers then selling millions of Applecoins that would produce $ Billions in cash from thin air was a good idea... Much more profitable than manufacturing and selling an iPhone.

Food for thought.
My thoughts about what you have said is that the companies that you mentioned are either financial companies or tech companies. Crypto's have a foot in both sphere's. My guess is the mystery person behind bitcoin was a techno geek that worked in a bank....