View Single Post
Old 24-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #9
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Default Re: eBay and PayPal scam

I've had my bike on the market for a couple of months on gumtree, bikesales and just bikes and had about 6 scammer attempts. Here's a couple of examples. They are all pretty similar. When they send messages, I say for them to call me on the listed number to arrange something. But you always get a long winded reply wanting PayPal details.

Quote:
Thanks for the response,I would have loved to call you directly but due to the nature of my work we do not have access to phone at the moment,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility.

Am buying this for my son for his 21st birthday. He lives in Darwin presently so is going to be shipped to Darwin after have sorted out with the payment, i want to be sure if it is still in good condition ,i will not be able to come for inspection now all i really need from you is the exact details of it. I don't mind adding an extra $300.00 for you just to take down the posting.

Due to the nature of my work i am a very busy man working all day,am a sailor am presently on-board, i don't have access to my bank account online as am not with my credit card details here but i have my ANZ bank account link up with my PayPal account so I will be paying you through PayPal to your nominated bank account or better still is if you have a PayPal account ,please get back to me with your BSB and account details or PayPal account so i can proceed with the payment and contact the courier agent who will come to pick it up and deliver it in NT for my son .Await your reply .
And...

Quote:
Thanks for the swift response...I am OK with the asking price.due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.As for the payment..i will be paying you via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal).If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com.au and sign up.you can alternatively send your bsb and account number you can receive a direct deposit into your bank account from paypal.I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included.You can now send me your details so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.Kindly delete the posting as am definitely buying it from you and it will not be picked up until you have your funds credit to your bank account,kindly help me look into this and get back to me asap.Thanks.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote