View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 11:17 AM   #18
Rambunctious

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

My experience is no different to what I have read here
I used Jax north bris for 13 years until moving to the coast.
Up here they did a balance on my wife's car which was worse after they did it, so it went back.
Next stitch was they fitted new tyres to rims I supplied but still charged me for the recycle fee per tyre even though I took the old wheels and tyres with me and sold them on gumtree.
Third and last stitch, took car in for rotate and being a nice mid winter mid covid sunny day I stood outside on the patio area only to see the fitter remove the front wheels straight to the rear of the car, no balance but they still charged me.
Told the salesman, walked out, sent an email to their head office and got the complimentary call from the manager/ owner telling me how much trouble he had with workers not doing their job.
WTF has that got to do me me.
He told me new pads all round were required and offered to fit new pads (supplied by me) at $90 a set labour.
No thanks, lost all trust, besides, I measured them and I will do them myself in 12 months time after I do another 5000 k's
I won't be going back.

Having said this, I have a really good trustworthy mechanic at Kawana, Norm Trades as Mate Mechanical.
Rambunctious is offline   Reply With Quote