View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #23
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO
She's a 75, I haven't got her home yet so I don't know what month. He has had the coupe for about 10years. I asked him about the water bottle because I notice it was different to mine which is 2/74. He said it was always like that ever since he had it.
By the way Donny have you had any luck trying to sell yours? Or have you decided to finish it.
Lots of stuff changed in the coupe model runs. I have found cars with lots of unusual stuff on em. Usually the vents in the door jamb are an early thing, and no vents in later shells, I have never seen a non molested shell with 1 vent on 1 side and no vent on the other. This is a bad rust point on coupes this area, I would say 1 side got repaired and one didnt in those cases.

Body shell wise, there is a major change between 72 and 73 onwards shells, then of course there is the rear repeater lights in the rear qtr. and the later engine bay revisions. Charcoal canister was fitted from 75 on for ADR 27A as was the repositioned washer bottle. Pretty sure the rear qtrs changed repeater direction mid 75 too, so the car could well be right on the cut off dates for changeovers.

When rear qtrs are replaced, they are allways the later type if NOS, or can be earlier ones if second hand off another car.

It will be interesting to see the build dates etc to see if its correct.

As for my car.....
I have had a truckload of tyre kickers and wannabe owners who dont have a pot to pi$$ in, also quite a few fools thinkin I am desperate to sell and will accept any stupid offers they make. A couple of reasonable offers that were a little short of where I want to be price or trade wise.
It went to 60k on ebay which I thought wasnt a bad effort.

I have added that I will accept payment plans to the ad now, as a few have said this may attract a few buyers who cannot afford the ask price straight up.

But basically the plan hasnt changed, I am going to do a bit to it here and there as I get time, and if I get a fair offer on it, I will sell it, if not, I will keep it and finish it and go from there. I will most likely return it to original state too, slowly. The orig motor is going back in for starters, not the stroker.

Recently another similar GT coupe sold for over 70k and if you wanted it to the standard of a good car it needs a full resto too. It had paint sweat blisters all over it, rust n bog in the sills and needed a re-trim at the least, so add all that ontop of the 70k and I cant understand why mine dosent sell really.
An I wont even mention a recent GT sale for around my asking price that was well publicised recently that is going pear shaped now.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote