View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #65
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 
Default Re: 10 Year Warranty for Kia, it Could Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2fairmont View Post
Do I want a Kia or Hyundai? No.

Because I want something else.

Does this mean I have rocks in my head given the value proposition they have? Absolutely.

Can’t really go past a 7 year warranty fixed price servicing if all you’re after is an appliance on wheels.

To those who have gone to the dealer with an issue, it’s been fixed right? No arguments, no they all do that, it’s within tolerance bullshot.

So why would you go buy something in which the after sales service is going to be poor

TBH they’re playing a long game and it’ll pay off for them too
Never had an issue with getting work done. One dealer fixed a small rattle with no hesitation, unheard of with a lot of other brands. We had what I believe was simply a low battery in the transponder key for the remote entry, but one dealer swapped the entire door handle to be sure. Service has been awesome for Kia and Hyundai. Whereas with Ford it's a sense of dread as I know the standard rubbish replies I'll get. Etheridge has always been good t9 me though.

Kia and Hyundai to me don't make cars that give me that emotional connection, but they make some fantastic daily cars with heaps of features, for our purposes at least. Having said that I haven't driven the N or the Stinger GT yet.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: