View Single Post
Old 15-10-2020, 06:37 PM   #21
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Sydney Rail Tunnel system

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Light rail is slow, pointless and doesn't have any capacity, they could have simply bored underground from Epping (like they said they were going to do when I was growing up in Carlingford) to Carlingford station using the exiting infrastructure then it would have made a practical loop both out to the west or around to Bankstown line figure 8.

Light rail is a feel good warm fussy thing.
I agree that lightrail is slow and small, but upgrading to what appears to be 2 sets of tracks seems to make a bit more sense then the 1 2 car thain that only ran a handful of times a day. The epping link i do agree would have been a much better solution.
But atleast for the most part, its not on the streets. The light rail ruined the city for people like my who needed to drive in the city and surrounds for work. If i spent all day over the easy side of the cbd, fine, all day on the west side of the cbd, fine. Chopping and changing between the 2 sides and crossing george st multiple times in a day, well thats a major annoyance. It was bad enough when they took away oodles of street parking for the bike lanes.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote