View Single Post
Old 25-06-2021, 04:26 AM   #87
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Climate change fact or fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
I think you're missing the point. It used be optimism for the common person, but clearly it's all downhill from now on, and has been for 30 years if you ignore trinkets , distractions, apps and cheap junk.
There's been highs and lows throughout history of course but there's always been a promise of better times IMO. Now it's a choice between FYGM, lower taxes, junk from China, housing prices (never going to get better with low interest rates), lower wages (doesn't look like it's going to get better but even if it does not much chance of saving with low interest rates and high bank charges), oceans are undeniably more ****ed than ever. Fires, drought, pandemics and to top it all off there's climate change deniers that like to whinge about everything before they shuffle off...
Life is hard, there's always been challenges but this is the first time gramps held their finger up and said ****off to their grandkids.
Optimism is a positive state of mind, I still have that same mind now, the world ideal, had it since I was a kid, its still in me, the rest going on around me is peripheral, a coincidence in my life, the only thing that's changed is our perception of what we think, see and feel!

Cheers King Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote