View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 12:16 AM   #25
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: 10 Year Warranty for Kia, it Could Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
That's the Rub...

To Keep your Warranty valid It Must be serviced in accordance to the handbook..
They're mainly a Ploy to keep the Workshop Busy.. In My cynical opinion..
Isn't that the case with any vehicle manufacturers warranty though, they all require that the vehicle is serviced as stipulated by the manufacturer.
Mine is 12mth/15k with capped price and whilst its not compulsory to have it serviced by a KIA dealer to maintain the warranty, every service done through a KIA dealer extends the roadside assistance program by 12 months.

When I had my 12 month service done I asked them to use oil I provided which they we're only too happy to accommodate and then subtracted the oil component from the capped price, some $70, I paid half that for the oil so I actually saved on the total.

The idea of 7 or even 10yr warranty isn't because they think a buyer will keep it that long as that would be counter productive to repeat sales, its purely a psychological tool used to make the prospective buyer feel at ease pulling the trigger on one and looking at the numbers, its working.
Like insurance, you may never call on it, but you buy it because you might.

Lets not forget, 20+ years ago KIA was building cars for Ford, one of which was amongst the most popular of its time, the Festiva.

Last edited by BENT_8; 01-02-2020 at 12:23 AM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: