View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 06:15 AM   #27
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 10 Year Warranty for Kia, it Could Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
in Australia, your statutory protection against Manufacturers Defect is unlimited. That's why you get your Takata airbags replaced, even on a 20yr old car.
Hi, The reason you get mandatory recall of Takata airbags is that they kill people. The car manufacturers can (and should) be legally held responsible for the injury to the driver, without time limitations. Let's not use this as an example for other warranties related to keep cars operational.

I think Kia have made many sales by offering the 7 years warranty. People don't look at the small print when signing up.

One of my work colleagues has a big interest in cars, and lived in US around 1997 - 2002. He told me that he lived near a Hyundai dealer in Houston at the time, which already back then offered 6-year no fuzz warranty for their small sh*t-boxes in the American market. Hyundai sold a lot of 'boxes' due to being the only car (s-box) with long warranty. He told me that at the back of the dealer they had their own little wrecking yard, where they had several buy-back wrecks, and used them to pick of second-hand parts, to immediately patch up any customer's s-box with no questions asked at all, back on the road no matter what. No questions asked, no mileage limit, simply back on the road within hours with functioning parts. All covered by the warranty.
Quite good really. But I still wouldn't drive a 90's Accent, even if it had on-road at all times warranty My colleague didn't either. He had a new Corvette and an old Corvette while there.
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote