Thread: Drags
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

First of all ill make the comment "i had a great day out". BUT.......firstly i picked up a bad batch of fuel, she has not missed a beat since ive fired it up, i cruised down to Port on Sunday morning and stopped at the Shell servo in Gordon Street. Within 30 secondes of leaving the servo she started to ping at idle and run very poorly, and when i got to the car park to meet the others, she ran on. We got there a little early, so i took Melissa's car to supercheap auto and i got a bottle of octane boost which brought the octane rating up by 8 units. By the time i got to Wauchope, she had stopped pinging and didnt run on but i could tell she was not happy. When cruising up to Gingers Creek i could feel her surge, and when the group got caught up behind the caravan for about 15 minuites where we went up the mountain between 10 and 40 k's an hour, she felt like that it was running on 7 cylinders and when giving it a squirt it was down on power and unresponsive. But on the way down i was playing with an EVO 5, pushing the big XB around those corners took some work, even tho she wasnt 100% i still had the EVO on acceloration but quickly was on my azz again through the corners, until one corner on the exit squeezed the accelorator too hard and the back end just went out from behind me, the front windscreen was facing the cliff face and the rear window the cliff edge with only a small guard rail to stop us from going over, i was totaly out of control and had her on full lock in the opposite direction and in gods hands, thankfully i missed everything and got control again when she slowed down enough for the rear tyres to grip again. The heart rate was off the roof, and i think Alan shi$ himself. But we kept on going down the mountain until i eventualy i ran out of brakes one corner i had to take all my weight to pull her up, so i had to take it easy for the rest of the way, and a brake fluid change will have to happen before the next run. Quarter mile racing is fun, but i found most of my ejoyment from behind the wheel comes from pushing cars around corners and tight racing like i just had during the weekend. But in the end we stopped at Long Flat pub for a well earned beer and time to change undies. After filling up again at a diffent servo, she is almost back to normal again when i got home.
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote