View Single Post
Old 15-09-2020, 05:28 PM   #78
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Put down your Windex and old newspaper, let's talk car glass cleaning.

I hated cleaning glass until recently. The key to crystal clear windows is in both the technique and products.

Firstly, the glass should be cool to touch, not fresh from baking in the sun. It's also important to have the correct cloth. Waffle weave microfibre is best for glass cleaning to help prevent smears, one for the intial wipe and one for a follow up buff.

For glass cleaners, I love Gyeon Q2M Glass and CarPro Eraser and have had great results with Auto Glym Fast Glass. Today, I'm trying Stoner Invisible Glass.

For exterior windows, spray the product directly onto the glass, wipe with the first cloth then buff with the second.

For interior windows, spray the product onto the first cloth, wipe the glass then buff with the second cloth. This method avoids dousing the interior plastics with glass cleaner.

For the interior windscreens, do yourself a favor and get a Stoner Invisible Glass Clean & Reach Tool. These things help limit the impossible body contorting needed to do windscreens. Anyone with a S550 Mustang will understand the pain of cleaning the rear screen. Spray the glass cleaner onto the tool head, wipe up and down then buff with the second cloth.

The result is clean, steak free windows.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: