View Single Post
Old 18-09-2020, 03:19 PM   #2445
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Dunno why, so i asked why. I still frequently get calls from guys from my last job. I left on good terms so im happy to still help out. Today i got a stressed out call from my old manager. He is a good mate of mine, he usually calls me from time to time just on the social. But today he was stressing because he is getting drilled for answers about generator controls from the new management of a building the company had worked in for longer then i had worked there. So i asked if he had asked the other boys? His response was almost comical. He said no, i give straight up answers, with technical crap like that the other boys just ask questions.
When we talk socially, i now get told a heap of stuff about management that i wasnt privy to hear when i worked there. So even if they offered me more money, i probably wouldnt take it. The more i hear the more its like watching titanic. Yep, sounds like it could be a sinking ship.
Although yesterday was funny too. Had one of my old workmates call asking about a system he is not versed in. So i talked him through it. He asks me how i always have the answers. But then he asks if what he hears is true? I said yep, dont work there anymore. He got upset, well, in the man way of getting angry but saying nice things. But this guy is alright in the sense that he doesnt call me straight off the bat asking how to do his job, he calls me after he has spent half an hour looking for stuff that turns out to be in obscure locations. Example being one building, one of the ground floor coffee shops has its switchboard located in the bike rack room in the basement, yet its supply and meter are up on level 3. Stuff like that. If you know its a 5 minute job. If you dont know it could take hours to work it out. So proper obscure stuff.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: