View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 11:12 PM   #1514
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post

......Well in a roundabout way, I'll tell you how the psychologist cured me.

It was with the use of pressure points and positive reinforcement.

That is, tapping various parts of the body and saying positive statements.

It sounds rather silly.

I had forgotten this until I came across this video

<snip>

So if you are suffering from depression or anxiety, why not give this a shot as detailed in the video - it won't happen overnight, but what have you got to lose?

Reminds me of Tony Robbins strategy on "anchoring"......not exactly the same as the pressure point technique, but pretty similar. And it freaken works!

PS. The hypnotherapist that got the most out of me was also a vet. He was a 10 pound pom (that's what he called himself) and we got to the stage where we regarded each other more as friends than anything else, and that's when he shared with me some of his stories. He was in the navy. Pretty eye opening stuff. It was his experience and trauma in the navy that pushed him into psychology, and then hypnotherapy. He is in his 90s now. I still remember the last few sessions he would provide his services in exchange for me fixing his car...like changing spark plugs.....didn't want cash. There are some awesome people in this world.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: