View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #28
REDDYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkd
for ur cougar parts try pontiworld in wollongong MUCHcheaper than ford
while im here have 99 cougar out of rego need to find engine number on block anyone help with the location?

Welcome to the forum mate. This is a tricky one, to find the engine number. Owner's manual says, "The engine number is located (seen in the direction of travel) at the front on the right-hand side on the end cover and at the rear on the left-hand side of the engine block". However, none of these can be accessed easily. You would need flexible light and dentist mirror to see them. Anyway, why are you worried about the engine number? not your problem at all. Who ever will inspect your car its their problem. If they cant find it well their bad luck. When I took my car for inspection (paid some $40 for inspection to VICROADS) the inspecter said she couldn't find it. I said why did I paid for inspection? what for? I had the roadworthy certificate so with not much choice she gave a tick. cheers mate.

Just saw sticky post from russ. The one on the side cover is not complete engine number, it only matches last 6 digits. And if you take off the black engine cover which says 2.5L Duratec bla bla bal on it, you should be able to find the second one on the block.

Yogi
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.

Last edited by REDDYZ; 06-03-2011 at 06:29 PM.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote