View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 05:37 PM   #872
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
So I guess you hear the ferry is up and running again. Hope you're hungry because you've got some words to eat

So for those who think the west coast is too far from Adelaide; which im inclined to agree with, there is a ferry between Wallaroo and Lucky Bay (Cowell) which still puts you 1.5 hours drive to Lincoln. I think the initiative of the ferry was to help reduce the amount of trucks on the road. The time youd save driving and fuel costs are sucked up by the cost to use it and its waiting time to get on so the biggest upside is less fatigue and an experience.

spencer gulf sea road/
That is a lot more expensive than what it was about 15yrs ago when I went on it. You'd have to be sh!tting cash like a sewer to think this is worth it.

I think I will be taking the long way around next time, stay in Whyalla overnight with family then continue my journey to Pt Lincoln from there.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont