View Single Post
Old 24-10-2020, 10:54 AM   #2542
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Went fishing again on a rainy wet cold Saturday last week..Everything wrong , tide , wind , crappy bait and caught six lovely estuary bream averaging a kilo each .Only recently started fishing again after a few years hiatus .

Lost more fish because my old gear was pretty outdated to be honest . In town a lovely couple have just 'emigrated' from Roma in Queensland to buy and run our little hardware , gifts and fishing store so I popped in to look at updating my stuff as I plan on doing a lot more fishing this summer .

Being new to the game Darren and Helen were just getting started and the generic stuff they had was okay but not ideal . "Leave it with me and I'll see if I can get you the stuff you're looking for soon " he said on Monday afternoon .

Yesterday after work I decided I'd spent this Saturday fishing again and went back into the store to get some prawns and whitebait . He was happy to inform me that he'd secured a couple of rods I might be interested in and he'd managed to get a Shimano Catana / and Cazna 2500 reel combo kit as part of his procurements in the few days since I'd looked . He sold it for $120 complete . He'd also organised new landing nets which I bought one of to replace my very tired old one and updated soft plastics and tackle stands .

The really scary thing is that they informed me he was going to be the Makita supplier for the area in the near future and I love Makita gear .

The previous owners did a great job but to see someone go to listen and take notice of requests and inquiries like mine means a lot .
I truly was feeling good as I walked out of the store with new fishing equipment yesterday . Who said customer service was a thing of the past .

Not just fishing gear, plumbing fittings , fixings etc that they stock but I guess a few desired Makita skins and one or two more LXT batteries might leave the store over time in my possession ...
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: