Thread: Coffee
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 03:15 PM   #70
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Coffee

Proper passionate coffee shoppe owners are a funny bunch. One of the buildings i worked in the coffe shop owner was extremely proud and i was in good with him. He was an honest bloke, so upfront by saying the 1st coffee of the day is crap. Meaning untill the machines have warmed up theyre not as good. Still not bad, but not as good as his usuals. So he opened at 6am, and often if it was one of the 1st for the day they'd be free. This blokes food was top notch too. He employed 2 trained chefs, not just a few young sandwich mechanics. So on a couple of occasions during peak service if there was an electrical break down, if i was about he'd collar me and ask for help, then in true fashion price. If it was a 2 minute job with no parts id wave it. If it needed parts then yeah, an invoice. So, when id do a freebie, grease the wheels so to speak, coffees were now free, id get atleast 1 free lunch and subsequent lunches i was on the list for 50% off. A couple of times saving peak service time id be gifted lunch and go to the prefab case, so the glass refigerated thing with food prepared earlier only to be told no no no no no. Then have a sitdown menu thrust in my face. Decide what i wanted off that, only to get told in a very hospitable way, the chefs will whip you up something you will like. So i suspect the chefs werent allowed too much creative freedom, because they'd argue as to who did the cooking. So being a tradie in work gear covered in dust and crap getting a free next level lunch. Those were the days. So the prefab stuff in the case, it was made on site, but was good yet about $9.50 for a sandwich. The sitdown menu started at $20. So free or 50% off was a heaps good discount.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: