View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 08:56 PM   #6
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4 Diagnostics/OBD2 Reverse Engineering

Well, some good news to report. I have some other threads on the go regarding additional features and the like. I've found out how to do the reprogramming on the GEM, which is the module that controls the Body functions. I have the values now for enabling/disabling the following features.

* Powerfold Mirrors
* Auto lights
* Auto Wipers
* Factory Alarm vs Thatcham alarm
* 3dr / 5dr bodyshell

There's also a bunch of other settings, like the drip wipe, follow-me-home lights, auto flashing brake lights on hard deceleration (used a lot on UK freeways), courtesy lamps, one/two keyprsses for boot unlock, 1/2 keypressed for drivers/passenger door unlock, Tailgate open sensor, bonnet open sensor etc.

Happy days.

It turns out that there are 4 types on GEM in total. A, B, C and D. The A and B are for models that are low spec, and C is for just about all the features bar the Thatcham Car alarm and double-locking doors, which is what the D version is for.

I still have a bunch of PIDS to pull out of some modules - like the PCM, ABS and RCM (Restraints) but I have everything I need from the ACM (It's a CDC 6006, but without the bluetooth, so I am probably missing any bluetooth settings), IC and GEM are done. In the next few weeks I am planning to do some bench-powered testing of the Auto Climate module to map it out, and I have a Ford Focus Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering Pump that I'll be looking to power up and get some data from. Beyond that I have a friend with an LS Focus, and we've chatted about swapping cars for a weekend so I can collect some stats from his car - namely any options to do with Cruise Control, and what messages are being broadcast that are stimulating the Power Steering pump into action.

I have some Arduino bits on the bench at the moment and am experimenting with whether I can use that to get Cruise/Ehpas enabled in a WQ Fiesta..... fun times indeed.

Luke