View Single Post
Old 15-08-2005, 01:55 AM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Funnily enough I was only thinking about this tonight.

In theory I think having a require post minimum before you can sell is a good idea, but then again when it was on the old forum, there were newbies just literally posting "post" in a thread so they could get their post numbers up in order to become eligible to use the forum.

One other option was to have all for sale posts OK'd by a mod before they were displayed but that would take a lot of time and is really an unncessary step IMHO.

Ebay links are something that are sometimes difficult but the general rule of thumb is that they are deleted, mainly because as said, people join up simply to advertise the link. Its judged on a case by case basis but 99% of them are deleted. As far as I'm concerned, if you can take the time to put it on Ebay, you can take the time to list a little information about the car/part in the post you put here too. We're not here to be an advertising medium for Ebay.

If people can follow some basic guidelines when posting (and replying) in the for sale forum, things should go smoothly. Ive put up a sticky thread about thgese guidleines in the For Sale Forum, and as with any other issue - if in doubt - just ask. I've begun deleting unncessary chatter in for sale posts because it only makes the post longer and means more searching for genuine buyers to find info on the item for sale.

Likewise if there's something in the For Sale Forums (or any other forum) that you as a member are concerned about, use the "report post" button - that brings it to the attention of the mods if they havent seen it yet.

Last edited by b2tf; 15-08-2005 at 02:03 AM.
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote