View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 11:35 AM   #4901
Gas Wagon AUII
Starter Motor

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
That's the spirit!
Covid, made round to go round, catch it while you can.
Sooo, entering a Bunnings, whilst wearing PPE, maintaining distancing, behaving hygienically like I've been doing for 20 weeks straight, is a problem ?
I live solo, was made redundant 2 yrs ago, don't have a job, I spent 10 hours applying for Jobseeker - only to be rejected due my income being couple hundred bucks above annual limit, (current Jobseeker's & Jobkeeper's earn thousands more than my meagre self supporting annual income). Even after spending 40 yrs paying taxes, most of it in Melb's once strong manufacturing industry - and yes some of it at Broadmeadows Ford manufacturing - and never being on the teet previously = Zero govt support. The reason I went to Bunnings is to do maintenance on my 90 year old timber house. I'm looking at another minimum of 6 weeks straight at being at home, with no legal reason allowed to be anywhere else. Should I be discouraged from being active around the house ? Are other people in my position finding a lack of support; is our mental health even important ?
All because someone ate a Bat. Then someone else neglected to provide EFFECTIVE quarantine for our island nation.
The BEST part of this six months of home detention, will be that;
I've learned to lower my expectations of governments everywhere -
that way, they find it very difficult to disappoint me ;) yee haah
4 users like this post: