View Single Post
Old 22-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #6
jandj

Default Re: Beware of the Project Car Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magee View Post
For those who believe in Karma, you may relate to my story below. After several days making good progress on my project car, I had small argument with my wife over something stupid and went back to my garage to cool off and work on the car.

What looked like a very small repair under the sill. (Only visible from under the car) No rust visible, but just suspicious small bubble about 5 mm diameter, but still thought must be repaired as didn't want it coming out later.

Turned out to be very poor repair by some previous owner where they had bashed in the rust and bogged over top. By the photos below I reckon they went through a small can of bog and even stupidly blocked a drain hole.

It is repairable but will set me back about a week. Moral of the story is always be nice to people because you never know who is watching.
Mate I feel your pain , I bought my 70 Mach 1 ( about 10 years ago ) off a car dealer in gold coast area.

Bought the car with my heart and not my head, started collecting/buying parts . A couple of years latter when I started to work on it , I realized the car had been in a accident and bad repairs had been performed.
It's a life lesson for me.

Cheers Jason.
jandj is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: