View Single Post
Old 17-02-2024, 04:23 PM   #16
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: 'Electronic safety assistance actually makes driving more dangerous' - your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
2021 Escape here and i don’t mind them at all.. None are any inconvenience and rarely kick in anyhow.
Now and again you’ll get the flashing “collision imminent” if someone merges too close in front of you, but car has never automatically braked..
Some are even a great thing.. reversing out of a parking spot when view blocked by a van parked beside you for example.. Gives a beep or 2 to let you know someones coming..
And the flashing thing in side mirrors good too especially when a motorbike sneaks into l/h blind spot..
I agree.
Our Tucson Highlander has a stack of all the so called 'bad tech'
Some of it i really find handy, radar cruise ive found is handy, particularly if someone in front is doing say 113/110, but sometimes it can be a small time before i realise the car in front was under the limit on a dual lane highway and i can overtake them
Rear traffic alert reversing out of parks as you said is also very handy.
I do find with ours the lane departure can be a little invasive but i can deal with it no issue.
Its a basic feature these days, reverse camera, but i still find myself turning around when reversing.
It also has a 360 degree camera which is handy when im parking it.

What i dont agree with is driving school cars having it. They've been dumbed down enough to only be capable to get an automatic licence, let alone having some 'help' from the car. (i seen a driving school car with someone learning have a lane departure light in the side mirror come on as i went by).
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: