View Single Post
Old 24-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #601
freaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackahcdx
Its called a staff drive day

was at Eastern Creek.

I must say i came away very impressed. I will happily admit that VZ Commodore is a bucket of dinosaur *****, but forget evrything you know about Commodore because the VE re-writes the rule book.

It is very nimble, changes direction unbelievably quickly, steering is light but has a nice weight and very direct.

V6 is no longer a wheezing breathless slow horrid thing. They re-designed the timing belt chain (i think, i fell asleep in theory) to change the noise and also have a new inlet mainifold which allows a flatter tourqe curve with more power lower down. The 4 speed auto also has new electronics and i was genuinley amazed by how good this transmission now it, very very suprised.

The statesman no longer feels like driving a land boat. LOL. It felt like a much much smaller car, and very nimble, was amazing how i could fling it around and it would just follow what i wanted it to do, completley like the other one, which i never felt confident in throwing around. Very impressed, was thinking it wouldn't handel that well since it is a grandpa's car.

LOL

Anyway i think when the motoring press get their hands on it they will be equaly impressed
i thought you were describing how my phoon handles until i looked at the thread more closely.

commo finally catching up to what we already have :sm_headba
freaky is offline   Reply With Quote