View Single Post
Old 19-02-2021, 11:03 AM   #941
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
They are probably alright as a temporary shade cover,and you can get walls for them,though I don’t know how the walls would go in any more than a brisk breeze.But I guess for a few hundred bucks they are a cheap easy set up compared to a proper $2000 annex which takes a while to set and take down.
The Kings awning is what it is - cheaper alternative to another $200+ for alternative ARB. We've had for about 2yrs (replaced a previous one by 4wd supacentre). I did read an interesting review after doing research as our kings awning has shown its lack of quality, particularly in the Velcro (same with the side wall) and the flimsy poles which are bent. The review basically stated you get what you pay for - but the upmarket versions by ARB and so on break down after time in the outdoors too. So if youre spending $150 on something you get 2yrs from as opposed to $400 you get 5yrs from... economically theyre on par or better. Then its more of a waste issue and how often youre actually using it. We bought a Kings RTT which we have mounted on a frame above our Hilux tub. I actually consider this not too bad. You can see why they are cheaper given the metal they use in the base and ladder etc. But the canvas itself, size and windows are really good. The mattress is a little thin and theres 2 adults and a toddler in there. We are novice campers and our plan is to get a caravan down the track. The kings equipment we have bought has given us a taste for camping and given us shade on a beach and generally being outdoors more, and if that's all its been good for, then its been worth it every cent.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: