Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #186
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Re: XC Cobra #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute 33
They should clear the top arm when the vehicle is back on the ground ....if not 1/4 spacer will fix that..
Excellent, hadn't thought of that. Thanks

If I do require a spacer, are these legal as I will need to get it registered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6WGN
I'm so envious of you at the moment - the car is getting closer to completion and is looking great. Brute 33 has just posted before me but I was wondering that once you get the motor / gearbox etc in, will the top arm be in a different position?? As Brute has said a spacer should give you that little bit extra clearance but would the tyre still rub under normal driving conditions??
Will soon find out as I am picking up the engine today. It should take me a few days to get it together so perhaps by early next week, it will be in, along with the gearbox too. I certainly hope it clears.

And yes, it is getting very close now. Once the wheels went on, it really started to make a big difference. Now that the dash is in (really crap job that I was not looking forward to), things are going to move along quite quickly now.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote