Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2020, 10:03 AM   #4749
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
13 years on a car forum makes you an expert on all topics and a judge and berate those who disagree with your..."expertise" .
My advice to add to your 13 years of wisdom is google "ad hominem"
Zilo, it might surprise you, but I don't consider myself to be an expert at anything. I might have significant experience in certain things, but there will always be people around that know more about a subject than I do.

The reference to 13 years was made simply to put some context to my statement of your post being the most out of touch comment I have seen, not in the last week, or year etc.

I didn't berate you either. I simply stated that I believe your views, if they really are your views and not just made to bait people, are out of touch with where society is at, as a whole. I'm not saying that there aren't others who hold your point of view, but I think those views are out dated and are not what the vast majority of our society think anymore. You're still entitled to hold that view, however.

And just as you would like to be able to voice your opinion here, so would I. As long as we do it respectfully, without denigrating to a slinging match, then I have no problems with us sharing our point of views, even if they differ markedly.

Anyway, on with the covid-19 discussion, eh?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
6 users like this post: