Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 10:38 AM   #30
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Used car prices

Lol you are a long way away from the goal post. Most people will negotiate 2 - 3k. Unless they have overpriced it to start with they still wont drop that sort of value.

Used cars are pretty hot at the moment, dealer stock is low due to Covid (a lot of dealers didn't buy during the first wave of covid and depleted their wholesale / used stock to low numbers). Also alot of people cashed their supers in and bought cars (believe it or not).

I had a car I was selling for 48k and sold it to a dealer for 44k last week. Not much margin in it for them and it was easier for me to move it on then deal with the current unknown, they contacted me off car sales.

If you have a look at collectable / specialized cars thee numbers have fallen dramatically which has pushed the prices up. I'm not sure why people are not selling their collectable cars at present? Anything with a Holden badge is sky high at the moment!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: