View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Aged Care with Home Care Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
My mother has a saying that my wife quotes to many friends when talking about "aging", getting old is not for wimps.
Man our aged care system/facilities stinks at Gov levels and the costs for Home Care is another hurdle.
I'm living through it, my wife's parents had to end up in aged care facility just 2yrs ago for a number of reasons, more so because it was too hard managing their daily needs and costs leaving them in their home, and for some siblings just can't agree on things as well.
I take my hat off to all family home carers - some have it much harder than others but overall what a strain in your life and well being.
Ive got no idea what I am going to do when the time comes. Id like to think I will be able to assist them but what do I know other than basic care.

As above, depending no your situation your work would suffer, which in turn means your income does to sustain someone who is increasing your costs.

The Royal Commission is going to be ugly, but it needs to happen, the amount of cash we throw at other issues and we cant sort this out is crazy. We will all be there one day!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: