View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 08:44 PM   #18
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Aged Care with Home Care Packages

Dad battled lymphoma for around a decade.
Stayed in his own place until a few days before he died. Apart from being a cantankerous old worry-wort, he wasn't a burden to anyone.

I'll tel you one thing I'm not doing, and that's moving into some ****ing retirement village. Apart from the fact that they a rip-off and flaming rort, last thing I want when I am old is to be surrounded by a bunch of other old farts.
Imagine, being packed in wall-to-wall like sardines, with nothing to do all day but whinge and moan about each other.

When Dad died, mum moved into one. On a few occasions I volunteered to smother her neighbours in their sleep.

Crazy thing is that at the time we were living in a huge house, and one that actually had a "Granny Suite" with its own ensuite. I would have loved to have Mum live with us, as would the grandkids, buts its like she was conditioned into thinking "this is what you do".

I have friends from foreign backgrounds, and the wouldn't dream of it.

Again, dementia is a ****er. My Nan was off her rocker for decades. If that does happen to me, then I don't expect my kids to look after me, but I will cross that bridge if the time comes.
This user likes this post: