View Single Post
Old 31-12-2020, 02:46 PM   #176
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: New Tow Tug ,What to Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I love the container accomodation idea - thats epic, no one would suspect.

Until you rock up to Byron Bay as the king of the hippies
Personally, I don't really get the container conversion, be it tiny house or MH as they get really hot from the Corten steel. They require so much more insulation than simply buying an already heavily insulated frigpan box or semi.
Container has the advantage of twistlock quick release from truck but the same can be achieved with a pantec.

By the time you box out the interior walls for the necessary insulation you've lost a lot of living space. On the outisde its not so bad if its a stastic building but once it needs to move its oversize.

Picture is my already insulated cabin bedroom, simple 22ft x 8ft x 9ft ex cake shop delivery van body. All I needed to do to it was pull the stickers off the outside, polish the cargosheet sides, paint the inside walls and varnish the timber floor.
And of course it can bee refitted onto a cab chassis again later.

Might go down the same route with a modified double dropdeck furniture pan as the new mobile digs. Carry truck in the back half garage, 5 pallets of stone, mezzanine bedroom front half.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: