View Single Post
Old 14-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #17
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Guym, all that info is NOT in the public domain. You only get edited highlights of the VFACTS(the source of all sales and market share data in the Australian Automotive markets) in the press. You have to pay to get all the info. (And I get to see it all)

You seemed to have missed (or ignored) an important point in the emotive respones above.

Yes large cars have declined. But they are still amongst the largest sellers in the market. In other words, there is still significant demand for them, and thus no-one is simply going to walk away from them just because they sold more in the past

Mondeo will struggle at first, as most "new" nameplates do. (The first generations of Astra and Focus both struggled)

Their is tremendous power in established names (Corolla, Civic, Falcon) that shouldn't be underestimated

I think you make some relevant points. But even you described it as a "rant" and I'm afriad a "you're all idiots and I am smarter than you" type approach is only ever going to get you a heated response
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote