View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #475
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The bakery thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
beerenberg was the one that I suggested.
I hadn't bought it in a while but bought a bottle a few weeks back, it's quite peppery and doesn't taste the same as it used to. I hope it was just one bad bottle and they haven't changed the recipe.
Bundaberg Horehound was the best drink ever, does not taste that good directly out of the bottle but if you get a jug of ice and pour it in and drink it directly it changes the whole drink, it's just magic ! and good for you.
They do not make it anymore as the idiots only make lolly crap now.

The same when baking there are tricks to making something so much better than what others try to make. my mum is Danish and boy could them Danish make such things so good and nowadays you have them snails that you see are baked at Cols or others, well they are just crap truly shocking to the real Danish ones that were made.
Back in 1987 in Darwin I ate the best hotdog in my life, it was a Danish dudes shop, the fresh bun and the taste of the snag was just magic.
Aussie hotdogs I cringe.
Aussie Kebabs are shocking rubbish as well, I go look for the Arabs making them any day.
I am not surprised when Australians end up making crap bland tasteless food. we had a real nice Italian place and when there kids took it over it became rubbish. it's the way it's cooked ! you add some things at just the right time and keep an eye on it, not just bash everything together like food for a dog.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: