View Single Post
Old 30-07-2016, 09:53 PM   #147
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
I have the exact same unit, but mine was bought through a local seller. As an experiment we started a car with a flat battery 50 times before we gave up haha. They're a good wee unit.
wow, good to know. i bought mine at the show. just used the ebay link to show what it was i bought.

caravan and camping show wasn't that great for what we were interested in (bush camping in tents) but some of the stuff there was better than my house. actually, scratch that, MOST of the vans there were better than my house!

just for kicks had a look in a $200k+ motorhome thing. thats just not camping now is it!

the downside for my wallet is, the mrs was already keen on upgrading to a camper trailer at some point in the future, and this was an opportunity to have a look at some in the flesh. long story short, i think i might be starting to like the idea myself as well. saw some pretty decent setups at pretty good prices, around $7500 incl on roads. its a lot of coin but a lot easier to set up and much better for shorter stops. with out tent, i feel i need to stay at least 3-4 nights to make it worth it.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote