View Single Post
Old 23-11-2021, 08:41 PM   #82
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Diabetes: Discussion thread.

I attached a Libre senor today. I trialed these a few years ago and wasn't blown away with them. Since then, they have been updated.

For those who don't know, these sensors have a fine filament that sits just under the skin, attached with a single use applicator. These don't take their reading from blood, rather the fluid under the skin (interstitial fluid).

You then scan and activate the sensor in the Libre App on a smart phone, the sensor then takes an hour to calibrate before being able to scan readings.

The part I find challenging with these devices is keeping them attached. These sensors are $95 each and last 14 days, if they fall off they can not be re-attached. I have decided to give the patches a try Prydey recommended. But I have also come across a couple of other options to keep them secured. None of these attachment aids were available when I trialed Libre's initially. Keep in mind, I don't sit at a desk all day, so the risk of bumping the sensor off or having sweat degrade the adhesive is a real concern for me.

The strap/band type would be good to have when I'm out mowing ect.

I have found so far that these gen-2 Libre's seem to be more accurate between a physical blood test and a scan.

That's for the tips Prydey.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: