Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Today, 05:25 PM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Lincoln Navigator coming to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I thought it was weird seeing Cadillac competing at Le Mans, out of all the GM brands why would you compete under the stale old man luxo barge one?

That makes sense, they basically took a long established brand identity then decided to tip it on its head.

I feel like all their efforts with Cadillac they should have just introduced under a new entrant into the US market, sell it under Holden in the US.

That way new brand to the region, no preconceived ideas about the cars and not destroying an established brand that it's customers are stale old men who buy floaty pieces of shit that drive like the Costa Concordia
That was all due to the earlier development work by Mark Reuss and Mike Simcoe (ex-Holden)
Reuss and Simcoe’s last chance with RWD performance was Alpha platform vehicles and the
Reworked Zeta II for larger LWB vehicles. Those two made sure that their RWD platforms were
near on impossible to rework into SUVs…..

Lots of raves over the vehicles but the sales never really materialised, I guess people who buy
German brands want to be seen in then
They’re like bling…….fashion accessory.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Today, 05:30 PM   #32
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's easy to understand GM management decisions, just think of the most logical solution to a problem, and then expect the opposite.
Old Today, 05:31 PM   #33
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
you are talking about lost cause GM the last 20+yrs Franco.
Been a basket case - desparate is desparate, use any marque to make out its a new dawn, new direction yer yer..
Re read this - when you see the figures its mind boggling, the only positive that US Gov bail out is Ford looked great.
I recall reading way back then (09) the broke CEO's landing in their private jets asking for the bail outs haha
https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/...er-right-call/
And then the bond holders got crucified.

Edit:

https://blog.ganderson.us/articles/e...-gm-and-obama/

"The real loser in the General Motors deal is the legitimacy of the economic system in the United States. Although there were large profits to be made from the launch of the new GM IPO, a precedent has been set whereby a government administration can confiscate the ownership of a company, reorganize it, and pay off its political supporters. The former investors were betrayed by political decree, and once betrayed, the legitimacy of the system will never be the same."

Last edited by Sprintey; Today at 05:37 PM.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 06:02 PM   #34
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's a Grand Wagoneer review that mentions in passing the Escalade, Yukon, Navigator and how it doesn't compete with X7 or GLS directly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKHxUjSLbrs

Got Chrysler's new Hurricane twin turbo I6 in it too. LOL at the 'fireplace scene' displaced on the screens for relaxation in a Jeep.

Last edited by Sprintey; Today at 06:08 PM.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Today, 07:04 PM   #35
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Here's a Grand Wagoneer review that mentions in passing the Escalade, Yukon, Navigator and how it doesn't compete with X7 or GLS directly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKHxUjSLbrs

Got Chrysler's new Hurricane twin turbo I6 in it too. LOL at the 'fireplace scene' displaced on the screens for relaxation in a Jeep.
Geez those things are ugly, it looks like one of those late 70's American wagons, just with higher ride height.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post