Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old Today, 06:33 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Paying good money for a supposedly premium products but getting cheap garbage in return.

Noise cancelling headphones, a great way for me shut out and escape from the world while detailing or messing around in the garage. Twice now I have sidestepped the cheap stuff, thinking paying the extra would land me with a quality product.

The first being a set of Sennheiser SPXC 550-II. When they worked, they were very nice, comfortable. But they began cycling on and off if, you know, moved you head at all. The magnet-controlled power up/down switch not sufficiently strong enough to stay in the on position. Completely useless within a very unreasonable period of time. Total garbage.

The second I bought to replace the Sennheisers, the Sony WH-1000xm4. Initially, they were fantastic, even more comfortable. But the stupid touch pads were schizophrenic, so you would end up turning certain functions on and off accidentally, then have to go and figure out how to reset them. The "speak to talk" function a completely useless thing that would activate by ambient noise like, say, a pressure washer. Now they refuse to charge, even after attempting the hack fixes found online. Complete junk after only a couple of years. Again, bought at considerable expense.

Makes me so friggen mad, you pay a premium and get nothing in return. And yet, we keeping buying this sh.t and therefore keep these companies alive, who then keep selling cheap, nasty Chinese crap at premium prices.

So, Sony and Sennheiser can go and get fu.ked.
I'll probably regret this purchase too but let's see how long these last...........

One thing I noticed straightaway, these Air Pod Max are significantly heavier than the Sony and Sennheiser they replace, with the casing made of aluminum not plastic.

Why Sky Blue? Well, other than I like blue, they were 21% cheaper than Space Grey or Silver.

And if these don't go the distance, I'll shoot a video of me smashing them with a sledge axe. Question is, should I do that with the Sony's?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: