Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM   #1
Raymond Bell
Starter Motor

Default Problem with changing e.mail address

For some months I've been not getting e.mail notifications and I'm aware that the reason is that the e.mail I've registered with (as Ray Bell), an e.mail address I have on a re-routing from a domain registration, has not been coming to me.

This is the great iinet problem. People with iinet e.mail accounts (mine was iimetro.com.au, I don't know if it affects tpg accounts) are having e.mails rejected by The Messaging Company, to whom their e.mail service has been forcibly changed.

Fortunately I can check on e.mails coming to my registered domain e.mail addresses (raybell@dalveen.net, raybell@ramojan.com, r@ybell.net, raybell@racingphoenix.com) and if I check every 24 hours I know what e.mails have been rejected by The Messaging Company.

Not that I can read or see the e.mails, but I know that e.mails from this site (and many other places) are rejected. Usually the rejection is noted as being due to 'Content policy'.

Today I thought I'd fix that with regard to notifications from the Australian Ford Forums by changing my e.mail address to the primary address so it didn't have to be re-routed. That is raybell@iimetro.com.au.

As a result of this change, I had to reply to an e.mail sent to that address to confirm the change... and guess what?

That never came through either. Which proves that The Messaging Company has been blocking way more e.mails sent to me than I would know about.

I have registered under this name using my gmail account, raybell46@gmail.com, so it is now necessary for the validation e.mail for my change of e.mail address etc has to go to that account.

Meantime, if anyone has any answers about how to deal with The Messaging Company (I've been phoning and e.mailing them almost daily for several months now with no result, no reply, no help at all) I'd really appreciate it.
Raymond Bell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post