Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
AU Mont
Banned

Default road rage

follow the bloke into a carpark and try to kill him

as if 6 of the little ferrets versus 1 guy isnt enough, they need weapons too the cowards

http://knox-leader.whereilive.com.au...d-rage-attack/

AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: road rage

Real tough guys. There are some idiots around down here. I encountered one of them this afternoon as I was coming down from the country into Melbourne via the western hwy. Right lane hog sitting on 90kph. I sit back waiting for him to merge. He decides to brake test me and starts throwing crap out his car window. No idea why. I go for the brakes along with everyone banked up behind. On drugs maybe? Who knows. In a company car too, some prestige smash repair place in Hawthorn.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T
Real tough guys. There are some idiots around down here. I encountered one of them this afternoon as I was coming down from the country into Melbourne via the western hwy. Right lane hog sitting on 90kph. I sit back waiting for him to merge. He decides to brake test me and starts throwing crap out his car window. No idea why. I go for the brakes along with everyone banked up behind. On drugs maybe? Who knows. In a company car too, some prestige smash repair place in Hawthorn.
This one:
http://www.prestigecar.com.au/contact.html

Ring them and tell them their driver was driving like an idiot, illegally remaining in the right hand lane, and braking unnecessarily - and in their sign written car. They may just take the car off him if it's an employee. Of course, if it's the owner, then the smash repairs is probably just a front for a huge drug operation (sorry, too much underbelly....)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
This one:

Ring them and tell them their driver was driving like an idiot, illegally remaining in the right hand lane, and braking unnecessarily - and in their sign written car. They may just take the car off him if it's an employee. Of course, if it's the owner, then the smash repairs is probably just a front for a huge drug operation (sorry, too much underbelly....)
Nah that's not them, just looked it up. Prestige Panel are down the road at 638, might be part of the same group but different logo. TBH its not worth my time to bother with it. I had an awesome day up till the 30 seconds he was in it, I continued to have an awesome day 30 seconds after he was out of it. In fact I even had a good laugh at the little baby throwing a tanti. I'll continue living my awesome life and he can stick with his crap life full of bitterness and aggravation. Just another fool having a bad day and taking it out on the rest of the world.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

It's amazing how getting in a car changes people's behavior so much.....it's like stepping into the twilight zone for some people. It empowers them to become morons of biblical proportions. The car seems to disconnect them from reality and any accountability. You'd swear sometimes that they're really not on their way anywhere, they've just purposefully got out to vent and find trouble.
I've had my fair share of road rage stoushes. Over the years I've learnt to ignore these oxygen wasters. Move over, move away , move on....... Let them become someone else's problem.

One one occasion I had some ****** glued to my bumper so I let him follow me.......straight to the nearest cop station. Big tuff man seemed to disappear real quick all of a sudden.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Best one I've hear was from a mate of mine who got abused on the job and followed, his truck swung at with bars etc and followed to a shopping centre car park....

What they didn't know is his job requires him to carry a gun... They shut up pretty quickly apparently.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a lesson to be learnt.. dont do it.. you may end up bashed or stabbed.. brown bread..

Last edited by pottery beige; 02-09-2012 at 05:16 PM.
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate these stories, for the fact is, there is only 1 side to the story. Who knows what the person did that got stabbed. Maybe he started it. Maybe he was making threats and the other person finished it.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stabbing him is not justified regardless. We live in a violent society and this kind of thinking only perpetuates the violence by justifying it
So he cutthu him off and called him names ? better get the knife out and try to kill him !!!!!! where is the world going ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
I hate these stories, for the fact is, there is only 1 side to the story. Who knows what the person did that got stabbed. Maybe he started it. Maybe he was making threats and the other person finished it.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the road is a scary place nowadays.....nobody has any patience anymore

it does seem that "other" cultures do seem to display a leaning toward weapons such as knives.......which in itself is a worry

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Call up crimestoppers and report the tool,simple.
Dont get mad at the situation just report it and save yourself the assault charges,coppers love dealing with people like him.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE 220
Dont get mad at the situation just report it and save yourself the assault charges,coppers love dealing with people like him.
cops cant do anything. if you cant prove that they did anything they will get off
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

"I keep a hugh Maglite in my car because it's a very sturdy "torch" officer"

Friend of the family was punched in the face for cutting someone off by accident... our family friend is in his 80's....
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #14
bazza91
Backyard Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

"I keep a hugh Maglite in my car because it's a very sturdy "torch" officer"

Friend of the family was punched in the face for cutting someone off by accident... our family friend is in his 80's....

I also have a maglite, its rather large, and has come in handy quite a few times.

Although ill never tell a police officer this (when being questioned), i also have 12 years of extensive martial arts experience, including muay thai, kick boxing, judo, and hapkido it all comes in handy eventually.
bazza91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #15
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i play baseball a lot
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #16
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
i play baseball a lot
Cricket season is about to start and I have a spare bat that might find it's way to my car...
Old 03-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #17
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
This one:

What makes you assume that their staff was driving?
More often then not they are being driven by customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE 220
Waste of time as previously said above.
What's the police going to do?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #18
LyleXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
Cricket season is about to start and I have a spare bat that might find it's way to my car...
i keep a sawnoff under my seat and one under the bed
LyleXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #19
Matwilliams91

So frustrating some times! I was driving on a road I didn't know too well last night, in a road work zone with wiches hats and hardly visible signs pointing where to go. Speed limit was 60, I was going 70, with some jerk up behind me in a newish 4wd. As soon as the road works stop for a few hundred meters, he pulls out, 2 wheels on the grass and high beams me, toots and gives me the finger. He then notices the road works starting again up the road so then cuts me off, and slows to 30kmh, in a 60 zone, continuously giving me the finger through his rear window.
I feel sorry for future generations, going to grow up in a very harsh world.
Matwilliams91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This hero followed a 21yr old female home......

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/road-rage-...903-258yx.html
Quote:

A man has been charged after allegedly verbally abusing a female driver, throwing items at her, following her home, threatening her father with a knife and trying to run him over in a suspected road rage incident in the Blue Mountains, police say.

The 21-year-old woman was travelling west in a Ford Festiva on the Great Western Highway at Woodford about 5pm on Saturday when she changed lanes, police said.

The Blackheath man, who was driving a Holden Calibra, then allegedly horned at her several times, yelled at her, threw unspecified items at her and followed her in his car.

Investigators said she called her parents, who then waited for her at her Hazelbrook home as she drove there.
Advertisement

The man allegedly threatened her father at the home and tried to run him over with his car, police said.

He was arrested by police at the home and charged with being armed with the intention to commit an indictable offence, affray, common assault, driving a vehicle in a manner that menaces or with the intention to menace, and stalking or intimidation with the intent to cause fear of physical or mental harm.

The man was given conditional bail to appear in Penrith Local Court on October 8.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #21
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
This hero followed a 21yr old female home......

A man has been charged after allegedly verbally abusing a female driver, throwing items at her, following her home, threatening her father with a knife and trying to run him over in a suspected road rage incident in the Blue Mountains, police say.

The 21-year-old woman was travelling west in a Ford Festiva on the Great Western Highway at Woodford about 5pm on Saturday when she changed lanes, police said.

The Blackheath man, who was driving a Holden Calibra, then allegedly horned at her several times, yelled at her, threw unspecified items at her and followed her in his car.

Investigators said she called her parents, who then waited for her at her Hazelbrook home as she drove there.
Advertisement

The man allegedly threatened her father at the home and tried to run him over with his car, police said.

He was arrested by police at the home and charged with being armed with the intention to commit an indictable offence, affray, common assault, driving a vehicle in a manner that menaces or with the intention to menace, and stalking or intimidation with the intent to cause fear of physical or mental harm.

The man was given conditional bail to appear in Penrith Local Court on October 8.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/road-rage-...903-258yx.html
I'd be angry if I had to drive a Calibra too.

Last edited by nuthin' fancy; 11-09-2012 at 08:49 AM.
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #22
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

This world is getting worst with some of this crap. Funny story my brother was at a carpark once. He stop at a small shopping centre to go toilet. Anyway as he was walking to his work truck, there was a few blokes of Asian description hanging around. My brother had to walk past them to get to his truck. As he did two of them walk into his path and tried to straight line him, so my brother drop a shoulder into one and sent him flying. The other one just stood there and said something in another language.

My brother just keep on walking to the truck, as he was just about there, he heard alot of footsteps behind him. He turned around and saw a group of men coming towards him. So he grabbed the post hole shovel out the back of the truck. He then turned and ran at them yelling like a mad man, well they all just bolted and disappeared. So my brother jump back in his truck laughing and drove off.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #23
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I know a blow who was abused by a guy who raced up the right hand lane and when he didn't let him in (there was no room) the bloke started tooting, yelling and gesturing with fingers/fists. First opportunity the knob passes brakes and starts more gesturing.

This guy I know, noticed the knob dropped a cigarette out of his car window and reported him to the EPA. No doubt he will get a please explain letter.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #24
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

people are self-important superiority-complexed psychopaths

/thread
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #25
SavVYute

Road rage is the expression of the amateur sociopath in all of us, cured by running into a professional. ~Robert Brault
SavVYute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #26
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Although it gets way out of hand, there would be less road rage if there were less stupid people out there driving, getting in my way, veering into my lane, not using their indicators, swerving erratically to save 12 seconds of travel time, rolling along 10-15k's under the speed limit, paying attention to their phone instead of the road and not using common courtesy in slow moving traffic.

:-)
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #27
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

to the absconders.....

to light to fight and too thin too win
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

remember we all have our moments.. your not perfect all the time..
you may not even be aware of it.. but there wouldnt be a single person here that hasnt irritated another driver on the roads...
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #29
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Road rage doesn't stop on the road.
One evening I walked into the toilets at a large shopping centre. Seconds later some drop kick walks in behind me and starts abusing me for cutting him off in the car park. I asked him when this happened and he said 5 minutes ago.
I then Told him to f&$% off because I had been at the centre for over an hour.
He didn't believe me but who cares. I don't have time for idiots complaining about stuff that has nothing to do with me.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #30
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

while out riding about 2 years ago the Honda Rider & i got a little separated. Eventually I came down the hill into bringelly to see my hubby off his bike and a nutjob in a white van squaring off at the traffic lights. VanMan sees the 2nd bike coming & leaves in a hurry, HR kicks in his door as he goes. HR is shaken & upset.

Turns out this piece of crap had sat up the tail of the bike (rider doing 90 in an 80 zone) flashing his lights & abusing him. HR moved left to let him pass, whereupon the van drew level & deliberately moved over on him, forcing him off the road (lucky he is experienced & didnt stack). When he caught up to him at the lights, the guy got out mouthing off, and pulled out a four by two. Only that he saw me coming & thought 2 bikers might be too much for him did he leave.

We reported it to the cops straight away (with full plate details) - the female at the counter was not interested in the slightest. If the HR had crashed & been hurt no doubt it would have been "speeding bike - must be his own fault".

We have a friend who works at that same police station - his opinion of the woman on the desk is not flattering in the slightest - but we now know what to say if/when something similar happens that will get a reaction.
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post