Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Boy stabbed in schoolyard

http://www.news.com.au/national/boy-...-1225830429705

pretty sad day when this sort of stuff is happening in our schools.........

Old 15-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Thread split as this is a different topic.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Thread split as this is a different topic.
I watched this unfolding as I was at work today, I was putting something together in response to another thread, re private/ public education.
This tradgedy has nothing to do with the pros or cons of either; whatever caused this, or whatever the charachter of the children involved, my heart goes out to the people having to come to terms with this tonight.
I have one question to ask, "Where are we going"?
Old 15-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Just saw this on the news tonight, jesus christ.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Im glad i dont go to school anymore, it seems like a very frightening place these days!
Old 15-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
Im glad i dont go to school anymore, it seems like a very frightening place these days!
Problem is, a lot of our kids do. Don't really think though that it is a problem particularly unique to school kids.
Old 15-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
braddyxe51
cortyboy

A friend of mine, his wife was attacked in class by one of her 10 year old students with a stick couple years back.
I know its a little different with 2 student attacking each other but teachers cant fight back without bad consequenss to the teacher.
braddyxe51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddyxe51
A friend of mine, his wife was attacked in class by one of her 10 year old students with a stick couple years back.
I know its a little different with 2 student attacking each other but teachers cant fight back without bad consequenss to the teacher.
I considered teaching, but decided I wouldn't be that great because I would have the kid on his **** before he knew what hit him then promptly find myself unemployed.
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
I considered teaching, but decided I wouldn't be that great because I would have the kid on his **** before he knew what hit him then promptly find myself unemployed.
And boy do you get close... ohhh so many times. I'm glad I teach primary, dealing with 'children' who are almost adults is something I do not want to do, especially the way things are going in general with some of the more unsavoury youngins in the community.

I wonder what was the precursor to such a tragic end to a young life?

But it doesn't take long for this kind of thing to happen. I have broken up dozens of fights while on duty. In recent years kids are getting more brazen, more 'adult like' in their thinking and behaviour..

Just last week I had to restrain a yr6 kid from beating up another chap, why? Because he may or may not have 'said something' against him. He had such rage, so wild that his eyes could not focus on me when I was talking to him. My bear hug to restrain him was so strong that I was scared I would break a bone if he didn't stop trying to break free and get the other guy... I could not type what he said during this ordeal...

Had he a weapon, he would have used it, no question about it... and all on my watch. What would the media have said? I may as well kiss my career goodbye should this ever happen.

The teacher that would have first attended to this poor dying child must be a wreck... One of the teachers greatest fears is losing a child while in their supervision.

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 15-02-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
braddyxe51
cortyboy

Never know the stabber could have been victom of constant teasing and just had enough cos teachers, perants, school board wouldnt do anything about it.
I cant say I wasnt there, just an idea.
Old 15-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #11
dsyfer

I have an 11 year old son, and it is beyond my comprehension that this incident involved a 12 & 13 year old. Absolutely tragic for all involved. Schools need to include classes on respect for others and accountability.
dsyfer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #12
braddyxe51
cortyboy

Woman was stubbed out scholl in Sydnen today as well.
Seems the parents need to learn respect too.
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1225830599928
Old 15-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

This has to be one of the most shocking and sad stories I've heard in a while.

Kids killing kids.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #14
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

......... lost for words.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #15
braddyxe51
cortyboy

Lucky we have such strong gun laws or could have been a massicare.
Old 15-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #16
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddyxe51
Lucky we have such strong gun laws or could have been a massicare.
Interesting observation....................

This incident was a planned fight, these lads decided on a fight between themselves before school today - unfortunately one came armed up.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #17
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

13yo ha been charged with murder apparently. As for people saying he could have been a victim of bullying himself, whatever happened to having a punch up after school?

No kid deserves to die, regardless of how much bullying he may give.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #18
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
No kid deserves to die, regardless of how much bullying he may give.
20 years ago when I was 14-15, the bullying I endured was so bad I was THIS close to taking my dad's .38 to school with me. Not to use, but to frighten. In my mind, the bullies certainly deserved it. Yes, I freely admit this, to show how messed-up I was back then because of bullying.
It's because of this that I feel so strongly for the victims of bullying.

And yes, in case you're wondering, my parents didn't shy away from corporal punishment, so "bringing back the wooden spoon" isn't a realistic solution to this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
As for people saying he could have been a victim of bullying himself, whatever happened to having a punch up after school?
I kicked a few asses and took a few names back then, but that didn't stop the bullying. Once the "pack mentality" takes hold of a group, and they set their sights on a victim, that victim often feels there's no way out, short of going apes**t.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #19
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My condolences to the family of this poor boy, whose young life was cut way too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
20 years ago when I was 14-15, the bullying I endured was so bad I was THIS close to taking my dad's .38 to school with me. Not to use, but to frighten. In my mind, the bullies certainly deserved it. Yes, I freely admit this, to show how messed-up I was back then because of bullying.
It's because of this that I feel so strongly for the victims of bullying.

And yes, in case you're wondering, my parents didn't shy away from corporal punishment, so "bringing back the wooden spoon" isn't a realistic solution to this problem.

You may have considered taking a weapon, but you didn't. Maybe the punishment you had had taught you right from wrong, and also that there are consequences for actions.

Corporal punishment, (yes I recieved alot of it, and am also a supporter of it), is only part of the solution. Parents also need a more active role in child raising. The whole parenting method has changed.

Now they (children) start daycare just after birth, dropped of at 7:00am picked up at 6:00 pm, given Mcdonalds on the way home, and then put to bed.

I have heard of kids starting school and not yet being toilet trained. Kids turning up to school with no food. Parents expecting everyone else to do their job for them.

Parents need to make time to be with their kids. Play with them, teach them new things, shape their lives and the people they would like them to be. Kids don't care if Mum and Dad drive the new BMW, and have the biggest house in the street. Work less, spend more time with kids.

People blame the Government. That is partly true. The Government listened to simple minded do-gooders and made changes to the law that affected parents rights to discipline. Mainly because some parents went too far. However, alot of parents took that as a reason to do absolutely nothing in regards to raising their own children.

So, the next step our well informed Government took; Hand out a plasma bonus to any idiot having a kid. There is some great insight.

Parents and government are both to blame. I try to spend as much time with my children as I can, my wife is a stay at home mum. I will punish my children for doing wrong things as they get older, and heaven help anybody who dare knock on my door to tell me otherwise.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #20
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
I have heard of kids starting school and not yet being toilet trained. Kids turning up to school with no food. Parents expecting everyone else to do their job for them.
What you have heard is correct, and the tip of the iceberg. At my school I have been asked to help with kindy orientation on a few occasions.

Children not knowing their last names, not being able to count in order to 5, not being able to match ANY spoken letters to their written form, being able to speak a foreign language better than English, even though they were born here etc etc etc.

Won't go on and on as I don't want to hijack the thread, but rest assured that things are getting worse....
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #21
kezzer

Maybe we should introduce tougher laws to deal with this behaviour? Call it 'FOON' laws, any kids found to have stabbed another will have the knife impounded for 48 hours.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #22
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
Maybe we should introduce tougher laws to deal with this behaviour? Call it 'FOON' laws, any kids found to have stabbed another will have the knife impounded for 48 hours.
?????????
Is this an answer to the problem or a very ill timed attempt at humour
Old 15-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #23
kezzer

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
?????????
Is this an answer to the problem or a very ill timed attempt at humour
Niether, just taking the ******** outta the government.

It's pretty extreme, stabbing in general, my mate was stabbed at a house party in narre warren, was on the news to. It's getting worse, you hear about it all the week in melbourne, especially on saturday nights. It's sad.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #24
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
My sister in law was discussing the incident with us last night ( fwiw..we know a number of children at the school in the 12-13 age group )
She mentioned that the child care group that she works at had an issue ( love that euphemism ) with a 4 year old. He was running around the play area with
a plastic container, similar to a toothbrush holder, threatening violence.
They confiscated the item and discovered an old strop razor inside the container. Age 4...

Steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #25
XR_6falcon

Happend when i was at high school too, someone came into the school to beat up another kid. The one from my school ended up pulling out a knife and stabbing the other chap who came to fight him. Was on the news at the time and this wasnt too long ago either. Kids these days are too willing to pull a knife/gun on eachother and dont really care what happens next. I remeber when I was in school many of my class mates used to bring knifes to school "just in case". I dont know what the solution to the problem is but it is getting pretty bad somthing has to be done.

Smoke tyres, not drugs
XR_6falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #26
braddyxe51
cortyboy

A kid bought a spike ball n chain to primary school that was in the 80s. He would have been 10 or 11.

There was tif going on in year 10 between an asain and couple of aussie kids. One day there was 4 car loads of asains rock up when school finished loaded up with swords and bats. Enough to scare one guy to catch a different bus, but followed the bus he was ment to be on for awhile
Old 15-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #27
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Condolences to his family. I've got 2 little boys, the eldest one is only 2 mind you, but I'm dreading what the schools are going to be like by the time they go. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of value to human life these days.
Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #28
BA-Fan
Formerly SM0KED

The real question is, why are parents allowing their kids to behave the way they do?
BA-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #29
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KED
The real question is, why are parents allowing their kids to behave the way they do?
Because the parents dont know what their kids are up to when their at school.
Old 15-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #30
F6T
Has V8 envy

Imagine sending your kid boy off to school for the day, to a private school, and something like this happened to him. Bloody sad day.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post